This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
June 9, 1977
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Qualifications||Double Major in Theatre Studies and Fine Art|
Chipo Chung is a prominent Zimbabwean actor who has featured on many television movies and series such as Camelot, Sherlock and Doctor Who.
Chipo Chung was born in Dar es Salaam Tanzania at a refugee camp in 1977 but was raised in Zimbabwe. She is the daughter of Zimbabwe liberation war hero and former minister of education, Fay Chung. Her father is said to be a prominent Zimbabwean politician.
She attended Dominican Convent where she did her secondary education. During her tenure at Dominican Convent, she was part of mixed race theatre company called Over the Edge where she is said to have developed her acting skills. She moved to the United States at the age of 18. Chipo attended Yale University where she graduated with a double major in Theatre Studies and Fine Art. She also graduated at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London in 2003.
Chipo Chung has played many roles in a number of films that were screened around the world including the popular science fiction tv series, Doctor who. As of 2015, she was said to be playing the role of Mary Magdalene in the tv series, A.D.
- Absolute Power (1 episode, 2003) as Miriam
- Proof (2005) as University Friend
- Sunshine (2007) as Icarus (voice)
- Dalziel and Pascoe (2 episodes, 2007) as Layla Jadwin
- Doctor Who: Utopia (1 episode, 2007) as Chantho
- Sherlock (TV series) (Series 2, 2nd episode, 2012) as presenter
- A.D (TV series) 2015 as Mary Magdalene.
- The Last Enemy
- Holby City
- The Politicians Husband
Latest Articles Created on Pindula
- Mbuya vaHector
- Pamela Zulu (Gonyeti)
- Thomas Chizhanje
- Mudzidzi Wimbo
- Melody Komara
- Samantha Mawarire
- Dexter Nduna
- Tawanda Manyimo
- Dave Emberton
- National Electoral Reform Agenda
- Chipo Chung, Wikia, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 27, 2015
- Former Minister Fay Chung's daughter speaks about her Chinese-Zimbabwean identity, iharare, Published: October 24, 2013, Retrieved: February 27, 2015
- Chipo Chung stars in epic new US TV series, New Zimbabwe, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 27, 2015
- Chipo Chung, Personal Website, Pubished: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 27, 2015