Oskid real name Prince Tapfuma is Zimbabwe Dancehall producer popularly known for producing Winky D's successful Gafa Life album in 2015. Until october 30 2015, Oskid worked with Ke Nako Musik. He founded his own record label which he produces under called Oskid Production. Oskid has also worked with other popular musicians such as Killer T, Fungisai Zvakavapano, Celscius, ExQ, Seh Calaz and Roki.
Born Prince Tapfuma started music in primary school where he used to play the Marimba musical instrument. Oskid says he was given the name Oskid by his friends in school because he loved house music, especially beats by south African producer Oskido..
Oskid has said he started producing beats after he "became bored because none of the producers were making beats that I liked." Oskid has credited his success to doing things differently by him being able to play keyboard, drums, guitar, mbira, marimba, and saxophone.
Oskid worked in in Botswana with Dr. Tawanda, MC Maswe, Vee and Slizer.
Oskid shot to fame in 2015 when he produced Killer T's Ngoma Ndaimba album and then later Winky D's Gafa Life album where the song Happy Happy topped the charts in Zimbabwe and also made it to the BBC Radio 1 Extra Destination Africa Top 5.
- Won Zimdancehall Awards 2016 Producer of the Year
- Nominated for Zimdancehall Awards 2016 Riddim of the Year for 50 Calibre riddim (won by Sam Chris)
- Nominated for Zimdancehall Awards 2016 Best Conscious Riddim for Passion riddim (won by T Man)
Oskid with Zimdancehall artists, Celscius
Latest Articles Created on Pindula
- Karen Mukwedeya
- Talent Mudungwe
- Ronald Chindedza
- Gift Machengete
- Michael Mahendere
- Kudzai Mbudzi
- Godfrey Chidyausiku
- Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
- Fuzzy Technologies
- Godfrey Gandawa
- Stephen Mahere
- Scholarships for Zimbabweans
- Simba Chikore
- Takudzwa Chihambakwe, MEET HARARE’S HOT PRODUCER OSKID, Zimbojam, (Published: July 17 2015, Retrieved:4 February 2016)
- Dakarai Mashava, Winky D breaks into BBC chart], Daily News, Published: 18 Jan 2016, Retrieved: 4 February 2016