Robert Mugabe Junior
February 4, 1992
|Education||Kutama College, Saint Johns College|
|Parents||Robert Mugabe, Grace Mugabe|
|Relatives||Bona Mugabe, Simba Chikore, Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe|
Robert Mugabe Junior is son to the president of the republic of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe and first lady Grace Mugabe who is also the Secretary of the Women's league in the ruling Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front party. He is currently studying architecture at the University of Johannesburg in South Africa.
Robert Junior was born to a ruling elite family established in the Zimbabwean political arena. He is the second born in a family of three. Bona Chikore (nee Mugabe) is the first born in the family and Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe is the last born in the family. His family comes from the Zvimba area in the Mashonaland west province and the family also owns a number of estates in the Mazowe area of Mashonaland central province. Educational Background
For his primary education, Chatunga attended St Michael's School Borrowdale and Hartmann House, then went on to St George's College. Later, he attended Kutama College in Zvimba for his primary and early secondary education. He was then transferred to Speciss College in Harare where he continued with his studies. He completed his Advanced Level at St John's College in Harare where he performed dismally in his final exams. His father publicised the news when he compared his dismal performance to the elder sister Bona who had succeeded in attaining a Degree from Hong Kong in China. Robert Junior is alleged to have attained a series of U's in his Advanced Level and his father ridiculed him by referring him to as an 'undertaker'. In an interview with the The Sunday Mail, the president was quoted saying; “He did not do well in his A’ Level exams. We have now had to get him private teachers. He enjoys this basketball thing. He likes it, he goes to the gym after that, but aahh... we were given the impression he was working hard,".
Robert Jnr is reported to not have finished high school. 
Robert Junior has interests in basketball. He started his career when he was still in primary School at Kutama. He once played for the Zimbabwe national Basketball under-18 team. One of his notable appearances was when he featured for the Zimbabwean squad in the Zone 6 games held in Harare in 2010. He participated in the games when he was only 18. His mother Grace attended the games at City Sports Centre and she was on the touch line cheering the son who displayed a good performance. In 2015, Robert was named as part of Zimbabwe's basketball team to represent the country at the Afro-basket championships in Tunisia. Political Interests
In 2014, youths from Harare made calls to bring in Robert Junior into the party's youth wing. These calls came in a bid to end Factionalism in ZANU-PF which was allegedly being perpetrated by the camp led by the ousted vice president Joice Mujuru. The bid however did not succeed. It was his mother who succeeded when she was elected the Secretary for the women's affairs in the ZANU PF party. Controversies
Evading Security Personnel
In 2010, Robert Junior made the headlines when he escaped from the state bodyguards at St Johns College in Harare and went shopping with his friend. He is believed to have escaped the watchful eyes of the state security personnel into his friend's car and went to Chisipite shopping centre where he enjoyed a few moments as an ordinary citizen away from the watchful eye of security personnel.
Eviction from Sandton apartment
Robert Mugabe Jr and his brother Chatunga Bellarmine were evicted from their luxurious apartment in Sandton, Johannesburg after a violent brawl occurred at their apartment which left a security officer nursing a broken arm and leg.  The two boys were staying in Morningside Sandton, Johannesburg’s wealthiest area. Their apartment reportedly cost R74 000 per month in rent.  The brothers had relocated to South Africa from Dubai at the beginning of 2017. PicturesTrivia
Robert Junior is the Robert Mugabe's first born son (second in the family). He was named number 4 among Zimbabwe's most influential young people in a survey conducted by the Zimbabwe Research Institute. He was also named among Zimbabwe's hottest men. Latest News
24 Sep 2017
24 Sep 2017
24 Sep 2017
24 Sep 2017
24 Sep 2017
- Biometric Voter Registration In Zimbabwe
- Biometric Voter Registration (BVR)
- The StyleBoy
- Tinashe Nhira
- ZEC Registration Centres for 2018 Elections
- Kwese Channels
- Christian Epoupa Ntouba
- Natalie Jabangwe
- , Robert Junior fails A' Levels, dad reveals, NewZimbabwe, Published:19 February 2012, Retrieved:16 Dec 2014
- Erika Gibson (August 28, 2017). "Mugabe's son allegedly returns to SA to continue studies". News24. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- , Mugabe’s son storms onto basketball scene, Nehanda Radio, Published: 17 May 2010, Retrieved:16 December 2014
- Grace Chirangande Robert (Jr) in Afro-basket final squad, NewsDay, Published: August 6, 2015, Retrieved: August 6, 2015
- T. Sibanda, Robert Mugabe junior to enter politics, Nehanda Radio, Published:4 August 2014, Retrieved:16 Dec 2014
- , Robert Mugabe jnr runs away from bodyguards, Zimeye, Published:24 May 2014, Retrieved:16 December 2014
- Bernard Mpofu/Elias Mambo (July 14, 2017). "Mugabe two sons evicted in Joburg". News24. AMH. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- , 50 Most Influential Young Zimbabweans:, ZBC News Online, Published:15 Dec 2014, Retrieved: 16 Dec 2014
- , Oh… There Is A Top 10 Hottest Zimbabwean Men List Too, Three Men on a Boat, Published:3 October 2014, Retrieved:16 December 2014