This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
August 1, 1985
|Education||Churchill Boys High, Peterhouse Group of Schools|
|Children||Talumba Mtawarira, Wangu Mtawarira|
Tendai "Beast" Mtawarira is a Zimbabwean born rugby star who plays for the "Springboks" of South Africa.
He is said to have started playing at a very young age and was sported by renowned rugby coach Joey Mawadzuri when he was still aged 15 and was instantly drafted into the under 19 side in the National Schools Festival. He was awarded a scholarship to pursue his studies at Peterhouse Group of Schools, which saw him moving away from Churchil Boys High He made his debut for the Springboks in 2008 and adapted swiftly into in the South African Side. After having played for the springboks for three years, amassing 22 caps, the legality of him playing for the springboks was challenged but unsuccessfully by Buthana Komphela, an ANC member of South Africa’s National Assembly and chairman of their sports committee, accused the SARU of “illegally” fielding Mtawarira and there was even talk of deporting him to Zimbabwe. The matter was only resolved by then South Africa Home Affairs Minister, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma who handed Tendai a South African citizenship.
- SA Young Rugby Player of the year nominee (2008)
- Zim Achievers Award: Sports Personality of the Year (2014)
- Zim Achievers Award: Sports Personality of the Year (2015)
Teams Played For
- Natal Sharks
Latest Articles Created on Pindula
- G40 Faction
- Zanu-PF Million Man March 2016
- This Flag Campaign
- Evan Mawarire
- Tafadzwa Musarara
- Joseph Madziyire
- Chicken Inn Football Club
- Alexander Johnson
- Tendai Mtawarira, Famous Birthdays, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 28, 2015
- Gavin Cummiskey Tendai Mtawarira overcomes life’s obstacles with power of body and mind, Irish Times, Published: November 8, 2014, Retrieved: February 28, 2015