Tinopona Mapereke Katsande|
May 3, 1979
|Known for||Being a Radio DJ and Actor|
|Children||Yambuko NokutendaIshe Chigariro (son)|
Tinopona 'Tin Tin' Katsande is a popular Zimbabwean actress, radio and television personality. She rose to national stardom when she featured in the soapie Studio 263 in the early 2000s playing the role of 'Joyce Huni'. She was also on radio for while as a disc jockey at ZiFM Stereo. She runs her own NGO called SpeakOut-Handinyarare
Tinopona Mapereke Katsande was born on 3 May 1979 in Mutoko, Zimbabwe and grew up on her father's farm. She once married to former Zimbabwe Saints Board of Trustees secretary and Bulawayo businessman Sakhiwe 'Sakhi' Ndlovu. However, she is now married to Virimai Chigariro and the two have a son, Yambuko NokutendaIshe.
Tinopona attended Murewa High School, before moving on to Hillcrest College (in Mutare) and then settling at St Johns Emerald Hill. She would then go to California, USA to study and advance her modelling career
She started her career in her teens as a model, having made Miss Mutare in 1997, and then she went on to become a Miss Zimbabwe finalist in that same year.She went to California, USA, to study and furthered her modelling career for 9 years.
Upon returning from California in 1999, she got a slot as a television presenter on the Zimbabwe TV breakfast show, AM Zimbabwe which ironically paved way for her acting career. She landed a role as one of the main cast members of the local soap opera, Studio 263, in which she played 'Joyce Huni'.
In 2017, she featured in a drama Kuchina the Genesis which is about four women living in a fictional town called Moonshine where their lives are plagued by crime and sleazy secrets. Katsande played the role of Getty who is bored with her marriage to former car thief and drug lord Lucas and is determined to make serious changes.
Katsande claims she had been involved in helping those in need. In 2013, she was part of the programme, 'Celebrities Combined' which had a mandate to help sick children. The programme involved public personalities in the arts industry and aimed to raise money for those in need of medical assistance.
In 2012, Katsande was allegedly assaulted by her boyfriend Brian Munjodzi after she paid him a visit one weekend. Munjodzi allegedly pounced on Katsande after she told him that she was tired and wanted to rest. The former went on to pull Katsande's hair, slapping and kicking her on the chest. She allegedly bled from the nose and mouth and sustained serious facial injuries.
In 2012 she made headlines after the tabloid H-metro leaked her sex tape. It never became clear what the motivation behind the leaking of the sex tape was or who exactly had leaked it. Some even suggested that she had leaked it on purpose in the hopes of gaining the fame which Pokello Nare and Stunner got after their sex tape was leaked. She was suspended in September 2013 by ZiFM Stereo and fired in December of the same year. Dancehall chanter Winky D described the sextape as boring in a song.
In January 2014, Katsande again came up in the open to reveal that she suffers from endometriosis which causes infertility. Katsande said by coming out in the open, she wanted to inspire and perhaps save a life in the process. However, just 20 months later, she would give birth to a bouncing baby boy despite previously being advised she could not have children.
21 Aug 2017
21 Aug 2017
21 Aug 2017
21 Aug 2017
21 Aug 2017
- Ashton Mufari
- George Rutanhire
- 1980 Entumbane Uprising
- 1981 Entumbane Uprising
- Richard Kohola
- Mitchell Jambo
- Rosemary Nyathi
- Bonnie Deuschle
- Brian Sibalo
- Willia Bonyongwe
- Elspeth Chimedza, Know Your Music: Tinopona "Tin Tin" Katsande, Groove Magazine, Published: 2 May 2014, Retrieved: 30 Sep 2015
- Sakhi laid to rest, 'NewsDay', Published: 1 Sep 2012, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2012
- Tinopona Katsande, Facebook About Page, Tinopona Katsande Facebook Profile, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: 30 Sep 2015
- Tin Tin bounces back in new drama, Daily News, published: May 11, 2017, retrieved: May 11, 2017
- Kumbirayi Shoniwa, Tino Katsande turns to charity work, 'Herald', Published: 10 Dec 2013, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- Kaleen Gombera, Tino Katsande's boyfriend charged, Published: 14 Nov 2012, Retrieved: 2 Apr 204
- iH, Video: ZiFm Finally fires Tino Katsande for sex tape, watch hilarious video of Hitler reacting to Tino sextape, 'iHarare', Published: 20 Dec 2013, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- Munyaradzi Matsika, Winky D watches tino sextape and labels it Boring, 'The Eye', Published: Oct 2013, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- Silence Charumbira, Tinopona Katsande reveals infertility, 'NewsDay', Published: 15 Jan 2014, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- Tinopona Katsande, At 5:03am yesterday morning, Tinopona Katsande Facebook Profile, Published: 30 Sep 2015, Retrieved: 30 Sep 2015