ZEC BVR Machines Damaged By Soldiers On Rampage5 years ago
A Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) Biometric Voter Registration (BVR) machine was damaged after soldiers went on a rampage in Victoria Falls. In the last few days, videos have emerged of members of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) abusing civilians and in at least two cases, the soldiers were assaulting civilians. Here is the police report from Victoria Falls:
TO : OFFICER COMMANDING MATABELELAND NORTH PROVINCE
FROM : OFFICER COMMANDING VICTORIA FALLS DISTRICT
MEMO : 314/07/242/17
DATED : 10/12/17
SUBJECT: INCIDENT INVOLVING ZNA MEMBERS AT VICTORIA FALLS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT POLICE BASEFeedback
The memorandum serves to put on record that:
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
1. On 10 December 2017 at around 0330 hours and at Victoria Falls Airport Police base, CORPORAL TSANA who is a member of the Zimbabwe National Army currently deployed at Victoria Falls International Airport military base came to the police base with his friend who is also a member of the Zimbabwe National Army whilst dressed in civilian attire. The two were drunk and by the time of arrival they were holding can beer drinks(sic).
2. Upon arrival at the charge office, they found number 075250S CST SHOKO manning the base whom they told to close the police base and proceed to the roadblock. CONSTABLE SHOKO tried to explain to the two that he can not leave the police base but they insisted that he should close and go to the roadblock. The two then went own to ask CONSTABLE SHOKO whether there were other police officers nearby and he led them to a room which is next to the police base where number 0716453 CST MAWERE, 072279N CST CHIBIKA and MISHECK CHADAMOY0 NR 26-070845-Z-26 who is a ZEC operator were charging their BVR kit.
3. Upon entering the room next to the charge office, the two ZNA members started harassing the police officers and they told them that one detail should remain behind and the other two details to proceed to the roadblock. The misunderstanding continued up to until the two ZNA members took a bucket full of water and poured water on the police details and they further went on to pour water on the BVR kit machine which was on the charger. The two ZNA members further went on to force MISHECK CHADAMOYO out of the police base.
4. During the altercation, two members of the ZNA a male and a female came and tried to refrain (sic) their two friends but they refused to leave. The two then left leaving behind their friends who then left after some time.
5. The condition of the ZEC material which has been poured water could not be ascertained as It further waits for experts to work on it.
6. A report was then made at Victoria Falls International Airport base. Victoria Falls report received book number 3165241 refers.
VICTORIA FALLS DISTRICT
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals