FULL TEXT: ZIMSEC Responds To PTUZ's Letter On Reviewed ZIMSEC Examination Fees
The Secretary-General of the Progressive Teachers Union, Raymond Majongwe has said that the union is strongly opposed to the reviewed ZIMSEC examination fees.
ZIMSEC announced on the 7th of this month that examination fees had been reviewed up as follows:
The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council has announced the fees for the Ordinary Level and Advanced Level June and November examinations.
O-Level fees per Subject
- School Candidates ZWL$190.00
- Private Candidates ZWL$190.00
- Extra-Territorial Candidates ZWL$443.00
A-Level Fees per Subject
- School Candidates ZWL$351.00
- Private Candidates ZWL$351.00
- Communication Skills ZWL$324.00
- Extra-Territorial Candidates ZWL$716.00
The hike prompted PTUZ to write to the council asking for a reconsideration of the move. ZIMSEC replied with a letter below. Responding to the letter, Majongwe posted on Twitter, and said:
PTUZ was not invited to this meeting and we remain violently opposed to the new Exam fees. These fees hikes are anti-people.The poor Zimbabweans are in deep trouble. We are Petitioning the President next week on this matter.