11 Year Old Bulawayo Boy Electrocuted By Dangling Livewire

3 years ago
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 08:36:56 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
11 Year Old Bulawayo Boy Electrocuted By Dangling Livewire

An 11-year-old boy last Sunday reportedly lost his life after he was electrocuted in a Bushy area near Nguboyenja flyover as he was searching for some wild fruits with his friends, B Metro reports.

A neighbour who narrated the unfortunate incident to the publication said:

Brighton (11) had left with his friends to look for wild fruits at a bushy area near the Nguboyenja flyover. While they were there, Brighton, spotted a tree with wild fruits and ran towards it.

He did not notice a live wire which was hanging loosely from a Zesa pole. He stepped on it and tripped. The electrical wire shook him and he died a few metres from the pole.

Another neighbour who spoke to the publication described Brighton as a bright student and said:

Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?

Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.

Click here to apply

He was a quiet boy who was also a bright pupil. But then death robbed us of him when we least expected it

The incident was confirmed by ZRP Bulawayo Deputy Spokesperson Nomanga Msebele who said;

We received a case of sudden death of a 11-year-old boy who was electrocuted in Nguboyenja suburb. We urge parents to keep a watchful eye on their children and never leave them to loiter around aimlessly.

More: B Metro 



Leave a Comment

Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals