Drunk 24-Year-old Chinhoyi Man Electrocuted

2 years agoThu, 18 Feb 2021 12:12:11 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Drunk 24-Year-old Chinhoyi Man Electrocuted

A drunk 24-year-old man from Chinhoyi died after he was electrocuted at his residence in Mzari suburb on Sunday.

Tinashe Matondo of 28 Herbert Chitepo Drive was reportedly found dead near the carport which is secured by an electric razor wire.

It is suspected he got into contact with the live electricity conductors and was shocked.

Mashonaland West police spokesperson, Inspector Margaret Chitove confirmed the incident saying the tragedy happened around 10 pm. Said Insp Chitove:

Police confirm the sudden death of Tinashe Matondo, aged 24 of 28 Herbert Chitepo Drive who was electrocuted on Sunday around 2200 hours.

Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel

Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v

Inspector Chitove added that Matondo had reportedly left the room in which he was sleeping with one Lameck (18) and proceeded to the fowl run to feed some broiler chickens that are being reared at the home.

Matondo however took longer than usual to come back prompting a suspicious Lameck to go and check on his colleague. Added Inspector Chitove:

Lameck first searched in the fowl run as this was the time they usually replenished stockfeeds but failed to locate the now deceased.

He then scanned the premises only to stumble upon Matondo’s lifeless body near an electric razor wire at the garage.

The matter was reported to Chinhoyi Central police who attended the scene.

More: NewZimbabwe



Leave a Comment

Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals