Cloudy And Warm Conditions Expected In All Parts Of The Country Today - MSD
According to the Meteorology Services Department, isolated thunderstorms should be expected in some parts of the country but generally, it should be cloudy with warm conditions expected in all parts of the country.
Said the MSD in a weather update for today:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2021.Feedback
Tropical Cyclone Gaumbe positioned in the Mozambique Channel significantly reduced the moisture in the atmosphere over the southern provinces of the country resulting in mostly sunny conditions over Matabeleland South, Manicaland, Masvingo and Bulawayo Metropolitan. However scattered thunderstorms were mainly in areas along and to the north of the main watershed with the only notable falls received being: 67mm (Binga), 49mm (Gokwe), 46mm (Karoi) and 41mm (Belvedere). Meantime, the Tropical Cyclone Gaumbe is slowly moving southwards therefore:
TOMORROW SUNDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2021: Mostly cloudy and warm conditions are expected in ALL areas with scattered thunderstorms along and to the north of the main watershed (provinces such as Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands, Manicaland, and Harare Metropolitan as well as all Mashonaland Provinces). However; provinces such as Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Masvingo Provinces should have isolated storms.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
- There is a heightened risk for lightning strikes.
- Destructive winds are to be expected in during these thunderstorms.
- Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream.
- Flash flooding may occur especially in wetlands and near river plains.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Try to avoid isolated shed, trees, and even the kitchen area especially in rural setting. These are usually prone to lightning strikes. Stay Weather-Ready and Environment-Safe.
- Ensure rooftops are strongly secured and intact as the potential of wind gust is high.
- Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle.
- Keep away from metal equipment and pipes, as these are prone to lightning strikes.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or drive a tractor during a storm,
- Avoid driving when visibility is poor, more so at night and during heavy rains
- When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors!
Here are the temperatures for the main city centers:
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals