Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 01 – 03 June 2021
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 01 JUNE 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 03 JUNE 2021.
Slight ground frost occurred this morning at Nyanga, Gweru, Henderson and Mukandi.
Clear skies and cold morning conditions were predominant over much of the country with brief cloud periods over Manicaland, southern parts of Masvingo and Matabeleland South Provinces.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 02 JUNE 2021
Cloudy conditions and scattered rain showers are anticipated in areas such as Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland, Mashonaland East and Central Provinces.
The rest of the country (Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North and South, Mashonaland West and Central, Masvingo and Midlands Provinces) should be mostly sunny though cold in the morning.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
- Light rain may affect crops that are in the harvest stage.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm, especially towards evening and early morning, where possible stay at home.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- Activities that may be affected by rain-showers need to be done with the area forecast in mind.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C).
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||08||30|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||14||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||09||29|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy and warm, though cold in the morning||04||23|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy and warm, though cold in the morning||05||24|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||09||30|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy and warm, though cold in the morning||05||24|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 03 JUNE 2021
Cloudy periods and isolated rain showers are expected over Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces.
Elsewhere (Harare Metropolitan, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Mashonaland East and West, Masvingo and Midlands Provinces) sunny conditions are expected.
It should be cold in the morning becoming warm during the day, however cold again towards evening.
Slight ground frost is most likely over Henderson, Gweru and Matopos.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection