Teachers' Grievances "Brought To Mbuya Nehanda"
The Amalgamated Rural Teachers’ Union of Zimbabwe (ARTUZ) had a peaceful protest in Harare near Mbuya Nehanda’s statue carrying placards one of them branded “Mbuya Nehanda, we have brought before you the teachers’ grievances.”
The protest over salaries comes amid criticism on the government over the erection of the statue of Mbuya Nehanda when it is failing to address workers’ grievances.
- “Urgently Address Teachers’ Starvation Salaries” – Union
- ZIMSEC Clash With Teachers Over Payment Of Marking Allowance
- Schools Re-introduce Teachers’ Incentives
- Teachers Unions Ban Extra Lessons
- ‘If They Want To Kill Us, They Can Kill’ – Teachers Uncompromising
- Teachers Scoff At 25% Salary Increment
- Teachers Respond To Govt’s ‘No Work, No Pay’ Threats
- Teachers Protest Poor Salaries As Schools Reopen
Workers want the restoration of their 2018 salaries that were around USD500. Pindula News present the video below.
More: Pindula News