Matanga, Kazembe Sued US$45 000 For Wrongful Arrest2 years ago
A Harare man, Phinias Nyambi, has sued Home Affairs Minister Kazembe Kazembe to the tune of US$45 000 for wrongful arrest, detention and prosecution in 2019.
Also cited as respondents in the application are the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Commissioner-General Godwin Matanga, Officer in Charge CID Law and Order Harare Central, Detective Seargent Maziti and Prosecutor-General Kumbirai Hodzi.
- MDC Duo Found Not Guilty After Serving 8 Years For Alleged Murder
- US$75 Million For Brothers Wrongfully Arrested And Convicted Of Rape And Murder
- Cop Convicted Of Murdering George Floyd Seeks New Trial
- Life In Prison For American Students Convicted Of Murdering Italian cop
- FULL TEXT: Haruzivishe To Appeal Against “Whistleblowing” Conviction And 36 Month-Long Imprisonment
- War Vets Sue ED Over $3.5 Billion White Farmers Compensation Deal
- Court Orders Matanga To Pay $56k Compensation For Police Misdemeanors
- Chamisa Demands Compensation For Wrongfully Jailed MDC Activists
Whereas, the plaintiff’s claim against the defendant, jointly and severally the one paying and the other to be absolved is US$15000 payable at the prevailing official exchange rate as at the date of payment being general damages for unlawful and wrongful arrest, US$15 000 being damages for unlawful and wrongful detention and another US$15 000 for malicious prosecution.
He was denied bail by the magistrate and later successfully appealed at the High Court, which released him on September 2 2019.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.