Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 20 August 20212 years ago
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) recorded an increase in Reserve Money as of the week ending 20 August 2021 reflecting an increase in RBZ’s liquidity.
In the RBZ’s previous report for the week that ended on 06 August 2021, Reserve Money had increased by ZW$1.68 billion to ZW$26.63 billion.
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 06 August 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 30 July 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 23 July 2021
- Reserve Money At RBZ As Of 9 July 2021
- RBZ: Reserve Money Declines Again – 2 July 2021
Pindula News presents the central bank’s statement on the status of Reserve Money for the week ending 20 August 2021.
1. Reserve money increased by ZW$2.51 billion to ZW$27.33 billion, as at week ending 20 th August 2021, compared to last week’s position of ZW$24.82 billion.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
2. The rise in reserve money reflected increases of ZW$2.38 billion in banks’ liquidity (RTGS balances) at the Reserve Bank, coupled with increases of ZW$109.40 million and ZW$16.31 million in currency issued and required reserves, respectively.
3. The increase in reserve money was largely due to payment of monthly salaries and wages of civil servants, which saw Government deposits at the Central Bank declining by ZW$3.22 billion over the week, thus injecting liquidity into the market.