Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 19 To 21 September 20212 years ago
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Overcast conditions were experienced this morning with some places recording light drizzle in northern parts of Manicaland, some parts of Mashonaland East and Matabeleland South provinces.
The rest of the country was mainly partly cloudy in the morning. Mostly sunny and warm conditions prevailed in the whole country in the afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Mostly sunny and hazy with warm to hot afternoon conditions are anticipated to dominate the whole country.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- Fire Danger Rating is significant due to the hot and dry conditions projected. Small fires have the potential to cause uncontrollable veldt fires during this period.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- All farmers (urban and rural) are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
- Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 16/33)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 17/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 08/28)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/25)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/26)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 09/29)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/27)
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2021
It should start off with clear skies and light winds; however, as the day progresses, a cool and freshening south-easterly airflow should start to be felt in the southern provinces of the country such as Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces due to the rise in pressure over southeastern coast of the subcontinent.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection