CoH's 48-Hour Ultimatum On Removal Of Illegal Billboards On Road Edges, Pvt Properties
Harare City Council has issued a 48-hour ultimatum to those who erected billboards on road edges and private property across the capital.
In a Tuesday statement, the local government authority said enforcement of the exercise will start on Saturday, therefore, those with objections regarding the matter must reach the director of works within 48 hours. Pindula News presents Harare City’s statement:
REMOVAL OF ILLEGAL BILLBOARDS ON ROAD VERGES AND PRIVATE PROPERTIES
1. City of Harare has noted with concern the mushrooming of illegal billboards and illegal directional signage on Council road verges.Feedback
2. According to Harare (Control of Advertising Signs) By-Laws, 1981, it is illegal to erect billboards or any structure within City of Harare area of jurisdiction without a permit and approved plans from Council.
3. In this regard, you are hereby advised to remove the said illegal signage/billboards within 48 hours from the date of this notice.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
4. This also applies to illegal signage on Council Streetlights and Street Furniture.
5. Should you defy this notice, City of Harare shall proceed to evoke the provisions of Section 20 as read with Section 29B of the aforementioned by law, that is to say City of Harare will remove the said illegal signage, billboards or wall murals and charge the removal cost incurred to the affected entities.
6. Any representations or objections regarding this matter should reach the Director of Works within the stated time frames in this notice.
7. Please note that all billboard companies that have applied for regularization will be exempted whilst their issues are being addressed.
8. This notice also applies to roads jointly shared with the Ministry of Transport and infrastructure Development (Department of Roads).
9. Enforcement exercise will start on 2 October 2021.
More: Pindula News
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals