Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 08 October 20211 year ago
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) recorded a decrease in Reserve Money as of the week ending 08 October 2021 reflecting an increase in RBZ’s liquidity.
In the RBZ’s previous report for the week that ended on 01 October 2021, Reserve Money had increased by ZW$912.93 million to ZW$28.28 billion.
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 20 August 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 06 August 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 30 July 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 23 July 2021
Pindula News presents the central bank’s statement on the status of Reserve Money for the week ending 08 October 2021.
1. Reserve money for the week ending 8th October 2021 decreased by ZW$225.32 million to ZW$28.05 billion, compared to the previous week’s position of ZW$28.28 billion.
2. The decline in reserve money reflected declines of ZW$217.99 million and ZW$12.29 million in required reserves and banks’ liquidity (RTGS balances) at the Central Bank, respectively. Partially offsetting the decline was an increase in the currency issued of ZW$4.96 million.
3. The fall in market liquidity was mainly due to Government revenue collections, which saw its deposits at RBZ rising by ZW$6.18 billion over the week.