Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 12 To 14 May 20221 year ago
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 12 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 14 MAY 2022.
The atmosphere over much of the country is dry although it remains relatively moist over the northeast of Zimbabwe.
This morning slight ground frost occurred at Matopos, Henderson and Marondera.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 13 MAY 2022
Mostly sunny and warm conditions by day are expected in all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Masvingo and southern part of Manicaland, becoming cool towards evening with a chance of slight ground frost in frost-prone areas such as Matopos, Henderson, Marondera, Nyanga and Chivhu.
Brief cloud periods are anticipated in Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland Provinces and northern areas of Manicaland with cool morning and evening becoming warm in the afternoon.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- Ground frost is probable in areas such as Matopos, Kezi, Nyanga and Chivhu.
- Veldt fires tend to be rampant during this period and can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
- A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. It may affect animals (pets and livestock) and plants too.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
- Dress appropriately to keep warm and if need be seek advice from a certified health professional.
- Please ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- Construct fire-guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free from any debris or combustible matter anything that can burn).
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 10/32)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 16/29)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 10/26)
- Nyanga: Briefly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 06/23)
- Vumba: Briefly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 11/26)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and warm but cool overnight (Temperatures – 06/27)
- Chimanimani: Briefly cloudy, and mild (Temperatures – 11/27)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 13 MAY 2022:
Mostly sunny and mild with cool morning conditions in most areas with chances of ground frost in frost-prone areas which include Matopos, Henderson, Marondera, Nyanga and Chivhu.
Mashonaland East and Mashonaland Central Provinces should be briefly cloudy, becoming less cloudy and mild in the afternoon.