Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 23 To 25 July 2022
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 23 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 25 JULY 2022.
Mostly clear skies and cold conditions prevailed in the morning. It became mostly sunny and mild across the country by afternoon countrywide. A light breeze prevailed in some places.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 24 JULY 2022.
It should be cold in the morning with clear skies in most parts of the country.
Morning ground frost is also probable in susceptible areas such as Kezi, Masvingo, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, and Nyanga.
Mostly sunny and mild conditions are expected across the country in the afternoon.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
However, pressure is expected to start rising on the southeast coast of South Africa.
- Temperature fluctuation between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Ground frost is a threat to crops and poultry.
- The dry-vegetative conditions coupled with the wind factor tend to make veldt fires more rampant during this period. These can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm, especially overnight, and ensure that vulnerable members of society are also warm.
- Ensure that poultry shelters are kept at optimum temperatures and frost prevention measures (e.g. overhead irrigation in the evening) should be put in place for crops vulnerable to frosty conditions.
- Construct fire guards that are at least 9 meters wide and keep them free from any vegetative or combustible material. It is illegal to start veldt fires for any purpose, even for land clearing.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly sunny and mild – (Temperatures – 08/28)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and mild – (Temperatures – 10/29)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and mild (Temperatures – 06/26)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny and mild (Temperatures – 04/20)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny and mild (Temperatures – 06/22)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and mild (Temperatures – 06/26)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny and mild (Temperatures – 07/24)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 25 JULY 2022
Cloudy and windy weather is expected to prevail in the morning with a chance of slight drizzle in Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo, and Manicaland.
The remaining places should be cold in the morning becoming mild and mostly sunny in the afternoon.