Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 30 July To 1 August 2022
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 30 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 01 AUGUST 2022
Dry conditions continue to dominate much of the country. Slight to moderate ground frost was observed this morning in most parts of the country (Kezi, West Nicholson, Matopos, Kwekwe, Gweru, Henderson, Belvedere, Marondera and Masvingo) with Nyanga having severe frost (-3.7°C). Winds should gradually strengthen over the southern areas by tomorrow afternoon.
ALL AREAS are expected to be very cold in the morning, TOMORROW, SUNDAY 31 JULY 2022, becoming mild by the afternoon under clear skies.
This should result in slight to moderate frost is likely in frost-prone areas such as Matopos, Nyanga, West Nicholson, Gweru, Masvingo and Henderson
- Veldt fires tend to propagate easily during dry and windy days.
- Cold conditions may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- It is illegal to start any uncontrolled fires in the open. Do not leave controlled fires unattended.
- Construct fireguards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of any combustible matter.
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- When braziers are in use, please ensure the room is well ventilated.
- Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Clear skies and mild – (Temperatures – 10/30)
- Kariba: Clear skies and mild – (Temperatures – 12/28)
- Great Zimbabwe: Clear skies and mild (Temperatures – 04/28)
- Nyanga: Clear skies and mild (Temperatures – 04/24)
- Vumba: Clear skies and mild (Temperatures – 08/26)
- Matopos: Clear skies and mild (Temperatures – 04/28)
- Chimanimani: Clear skies and mild (Temperatures – 08/26)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 01 AUGUST 2022
It should be cloudy, windy and cold with patchy drizzle in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
The remainder of the country should be under sunny conditions with a freshening breeze.
It is anticipated to be cold in the morning, becoming mild by the afternoon.
Ground frost is likely in areas such as Henderson, Marondera, Chivhu, Gweru and Nyanga.