HomeGeneral News

Two Bulawayo Families Survive Fire At Ascot Shopping Centre

1 year agoSat, 17 Sep 2022 19:06:44 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Two Bulawayo Families Survive Fire At Ascot Shopping Centre

Two Bulawayo families escaped unhurt after a fire broke out at Kenilworth Towers, Ascot Shopping Centre in Bulawayo.

The fire brigade swiftly reacted to the incident and managed to contain the fire before it spread to other apartments, according to NewZimbabwe.com.

The blaze, which reportedly broke out on the 14th floor of the high-value and one of the tallest residential buildings in the city, was started when floor-making gadgets exploded in one of the apartments. Bulawayo Fire Brigade acting chief fire officer, Lynos Phiri said:

The fire was caused by negligence after floor polish-making apparatus overheated and exploded.

Phiri said an unidentified woman sustained burns on her legs and was taken to the hospital along with other members of the family as a precaution against smoke inhalation.

Latest Samsung Galaxy A05s available on Pindula:
128GB storage, 6GB RAM

$148 USD

WhatsApp +263715068543

Phiri said his team responded within 15 minutes after receiving a distress call.

Pindula News



Leave a Comment

Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals