Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 21 To 23 September 20221 year ago
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2022.
Thunderstorms occurred in Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Matabeleland South, as a cloud band swept into the country from Botswana.
However, this system is drifting southeastward. It was also cloudy, windy, cool and drizzly in Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces as cool and moist airflow was drifting in from the southeast. All other areas had clear skies with a slight haze. It was cool in the morning and became warm by the afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2022
Cloudy, windy and cool morning conditions are expected in districts such as Beitbridge, Mwenezi, Chiredzi Chipinge, Chimanimani, Bikita and Zaka as well as surrounding areas, with light drizzle in places.
It should be less cloudy and mild by the afternoon, becoming cool by the evening. All other areas are anticipated to have mostly clear skies and cool in the morning becoming warm by midday with a slight haze.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded to wear sunhats if they need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
- High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
- Put out any fires found in open veldt fires and road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
- Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly sunny and hot – (Temperatures – 24/35)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and hot – (Temperatures – 23/35)
- Great Zimbabwe: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 17/30)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 15/23)
- Vumba: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 16/29)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 16/29)
- Chimanimani: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 15/26)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy, windy and mild conditions are expected in parts of Manicaland province. All other areas should be mostly sunny and warm by day becoming cool towards evening.