Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 21 February 2023
A weather report and forecast by the Meteorological Services Department (MSD) of Zimbabwe has said some parts of the country should have scattered thunderstorms on 21 February 2023.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS MONDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2023 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2023.
Widespread thunderstorms were recorded yesterday and heavy falls in excess of 70mm were measured at Gokwe (73mm). Other significant amounts were recorded at Hwange (30mm), Lupane (29mm), Mhondoro (29mm) and Beitbridge (27mm). Meanwhile, the low-pressure system that was responsible for the current wet spell has significantly weakened.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2023
All provinces except for Matabeleland North province should have scattered thunderstorms in cloudy conditions which may be heavy in some areas. Matabeleland North province is expected to be partly cloudy with slight chances of afternoon thundershowers.
• Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream
• Heavy downpours may give rise to flash flooding leading to treacherous road conditions.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
• Lightning is a major threat during this part of the year, being inherent in thundershowers.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid crossing rivers or streams of unknown depth; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, it might have done so upstream;
• Heavy rains may reduce visibility; if driving, please find somewhere safe to park till the rains subside.
• Avoid contact with water or metal objects including farming equipment when lightning is visible, even from a distance. Umbrellas are not safe during storms, and raincoats are better, however, staying indoors is the best of all.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2023
Partly cloudy and warm conditions with isolated thundershowers are expected over all of Mashonaland provinces, Matabeleland North, northern parts of Manicaland, and northern parts of Midlands and Harare Metropolitan Provinces. Cloudy, windy and patchy drizzle will be expected in Bulawayo Metropolitan, the southern part of the Midlands, Masvingo, Matabeleland South and Southern areas of Manicaland Provinces.