Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 26 February 2023
The Meteorological Services Department (MSD) of Zimbabwe has issued a weather report and forecast noting that some parts of the country will be cloudy and rainy on Monday.
In a weather update seen by Pindula News, MSD said thunderstorms have a chance to occur. Reads the update:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS SUNDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2023 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2023.
Cloudy and windy conditions prevailed in the southern provinces namely Matabeleland South, Masvingo, southern parts of the Midlands, and Manicaland Provinces. Rain and drizzle were recorded in some places; although the rainfall amounts were very low the highest recorded was 13mm at Chipinge Met Office. This was a result of the high-pressure system that set in over the southeast coast of South Africa steering moisture into the country. All other provinces were mainly partly cloudy and warm.Feedback
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, MONDAY 27 FEBRUARY 2023,
The eastern and southern provinces (Mashonaland East, Manicaland, Masvingo, Matabeleland South and southern parts of Midlands) are anticipated to be mostly cloudy, rainy, and mild during most parts of the day. Thunderstorms have a chance to occur in the afternoon. It should be windy in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces. The remaining provinces should be partly cloudy and warm.
• Windy conditions may blow off rooftops and loose debris, as well as break tree branches.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
• Heavy rains and flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream
• Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
• Ensure rooftops are checked and maintained to reduce the likelihood of being blown off by strong winds.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
• Stay indoors during heavy storms.
• Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
• When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects. Umbrellas are not safe during storms, and raincoats are better, however, staying indoors is the best.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2023
Cloudy conditions are expected in Mashonaland East, Manicaland, Masvingo, southern parts of Midlands, and Matabeleland South Provinces with morning rain and drizzle. The outbreak of isolated thunderstorms is probable in the afternoon. The rest of the country should be partly cloudy and warm. Windy conditions are also anticipated in Matabeleland, Masvingo and Southern parts of Manicaland Provinces.
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals