MSD Weather Report & Forecast: 02 To 04 March 2023
The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Friday 03 March 2023 valid until Sunday 05 March 2023:
Cloudy conditions were experienced this morning in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East, and Harare Metropolitan Provinces with light drizzle in some places.
However, yesterday some showers occurred in some places in Manicaland and Mashonaland East with the highest amount being measured at Rusape (19mm) and Chipinge (15mm). The remaining parts had partly cloudy and warm conditions.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 04 MARCH 2023,
Isolated thunderstorms are anticipated in the Northern and extreme Western areas of the country; Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central and Matabeleland North Provinces.
The South Eastern parts: Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East should start off cloudy in the morning with drizzle. Clearing is expected as the day progresses.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
The rest of the country; Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Matabeleland South Provinces should be briefly cloudy with odd showers. However, an odd shower remains probable.
- Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
- Temperature fluctuations may affect vulnerable members of society.
- Rain may affect plans in some areas. Plan with the weather in mind.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
- Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
- When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
- Ensure that the elderly and young are kept warm, especially towards evening in Provinces such as Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SUNDAY 05 MARCH 2023
The Zambezi Valley, all of Mashonaland and northern areas of Manicaland Province should have briefly cloudy periods with the chance of showers that could thundery.
Mostly sunny conditions are expected in all other parts of the country. Warm during the day, but mild in the morning and evening.
More: Pindula News