MSD Forecasts Isolated Thunderstorms, Thundershowers - 24-26 March 2023
The Meteorological Services Department (MSD) has forecasted isolated thunderstorms and thundershowers on Saturday (tomorrow). In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD said:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS FRIDAY 24 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 26 MARCH 2023.
The cloud band to the west of the country as well as moisture from the north resulted in isolated thunderstorms over the northwestern and eastern parts of the country. The highest rainfall was at; Tsholotsho (40mm), Marondera (21mm), Nkayi (17mm) and Victoria Falls (13mm). Meanwhile, the cloud band remains stationary in the west of the country and is not expected to cause significant changes during the forecast period.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 25 MARCH 2023,
Isolated thunderstorms are expected in the western parts of the country, that is in Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South provinces. The remainder of the country (All Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan, Midlands, Manicaland, Masvingo and Bulawayo metropolitan provinces) will be mostly sunny with slight chances of afternoon thundershowers in some places.
• Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
• Thunderstorms remain probable, and these pose a threat to humans and livestock as well as property.
• Rain may affect outdoor activities High daytime temperatures increase the probability of dehydration and evapotranspiration.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep hydrated and if there is a need to stay outdoors for a prolonged period, ensure to wear a sunhat or sunscreen.
• Monitor plants and animals/pets for moisture and heat stress and act accordingly to reduce these impacts by watering or giving them adequate water to drink.
• When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects. When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SUNDAY 26 MARCH 2023
Mostly sunny conditions are expected over much of the country except for Matabeleland North and South provinces where isolated thunderstorms are anticipated under partly cloudy conditions.