|Born||Brian Abbas Amidu|
May 21, 1990
|Known for||Being a footballer.|
|Parent(s)||Amidu Hussein (father)|
Abbas Amidu is a Zimbabwean football player who plays for Egyptian side Smouha as a forward.
He joined Kaizer Chiefs in 2012 before he was deemed surplus to requirements and released to Black Leopards. In 2015, Amidu then joined United Arab Emirates Division One club Masafi on a two-year contract. In 2016 he resurfaced at Dynamos where he trained with the Glamour Boys before he was quickly signed by CAPS United on January 29 2016 on a one-year deal.
In July 2017 he told a publication that he had turned down a $1 million deal from five-time African football champions Zamalek to settle for modest Smouha where he believes he will get game time.
Zamalek were the first to show interest in him after he scored a superb double strike in a Caf Champions League match against them at the National Sports Stadium in June 2017. Amidu also turned down Zambian side Buildcon who were reportedly ready to pay $100 000 for his services. If he had signed for the Zambian club, Amidu would have earned an after tax salary of $4 000, a winning bonus of $400 per match, a two bedroom apartment in Zambia and two return air tickets for him and his spouse every year. At Smouha he was offered a salary of about $6 000 before tax.
- Grace Chingoma,CAPS United sign Amidu, Herald, published: January 29, 2016, retrieved: July 25, 2017
- USM Alger make late bid for Abbas, Standard, published: July 23, 2017, retrieved: July 25, 2017
- Tawanda Tafirenyika, Amidu quits Caps, NewsDay, published: July 21, 2017, retrieved: July 25, 2017
- Grace Chingoma,ABBAS SAYS GOODBYE AS RONNIE FLIES FOR A DANCE WITH CELTIC, Herald, published: July 25, 2017, retrieved: July 25, 2017
Abbas Amidu Latest News Failed to load RSS feed from https://news.pindula.co.zw/tag/Abbas-Amidu/feed/: * Error fetching URL: Failed to connect to news.pindula.co.zw port 443: No route to host
- There was a problem during the HTTP request: 0 Error