Image Via: Chronicle
April 13, 1954
|Employer||Government of Zimbabwe|
|Political party||Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front|
Abednico Ncube is a Zimbabwean politician and a member of the ZANU-PF. He is the Minister of State for Provincial Affairs in Matabeleland South Province. He contested in the July 2018 elections and was elected Member of Parliament for Gwanda South.
Abednico Ncube was born on 13 March 1954.
Ncube and his wife had seven children and by 2011 the couple had five grandchildren.
Ncube was appointed the Minister of State for Provincial Affairs in Matabeleland South Province after the 2013 harmonised elections. In September 2015 he was reassigned from being Provincial Affairs Minister for Matabeleland South and appointed Minister of Rural Development, Preservation and Promotion of Culture and Heritage by Robert Mugabe.
Abednico Ncube once served as Foreign Affairs Deputy Minister.
In January 2014 there were reports that Ncube had allegedly threatened to beat up a Southern Eye journalist by the name Albert Ncube for writing nonsense about him. The minister is reported to have further threatened another Southern Eye journalist, Ndunduzo Tshuma when he sought comment on Ncube's alleged threats on Albert. His actions were condemned by media associations such as the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA).
Fraudulent Land Allocation
There were reports in March 2015 that Ncube allegedly allocated Maleme Ranch to a central intelligence officer, Rodrick Mashingaidze without the approval of the lands committee and without consulting the local traditional leaders about the land. When Mashingaidze occupied the land, he began forcing villagers and the white owners out. The villagers resisted eviction resulting in Mashingaidze reporting the matter to the High Court on the basis of the allocation letter signed by Ncube.
According to the publication, Ncube did not respond to messages sent to his phone and was not responding to ZimLive's phone calls.
On 25 July 2012, Pindula reported - I Am Not Dead, But Recovering From COVID-19 – Abednico Ncube https://news.pindula.co.zw/2021/07/25/i-am-not-dead-but-recovering-from-covid-19-abednico-ncube/?  utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+co%2FhyCZ+%28Pindula+News+2020%29
- President consoles Ncube family, The Herald, Published: August 6, 2011, Retrieved: July 24, 2021
- Farirai Machivenyika, Ncube sworn in, The Herald, Published: September 15, 2017, Retrieved: July 24, 2021
- Ntungamili Nkomo, Minister Ncube Condemned for Threatening Journalist, Voice Of America, Published: January 17, 2014, Retrieved: September 11, 2015
- Matabele Resistance – Villagers want MPs and Provincial Affairs Minister fired, Bulawayo24, Published: March 9, 2015, Retrieved: September 11, 2015
- ZWELIBANZI NYONI, Matabeleland South minister Abednico Ncube battles Covid-19, ZimLive, Published: July 21, 2021, Retrieved: July 22, 2021