Abraham Kabasa was an early nationalist elected to the House of Assembly in 1980.
Born: 1932, Mutoko district. 
Father a tailor.
School / Education
Standard Six at Nyadiri Mission.
Service / Career
Medical assistant, then Laboratory Assistant.
Worked for Rhodesian Ministry of Health, and the Second Chimurenga underground.
1974 - at Makosa Rural Hospital. Ministry of Health by day, Zanla by night.
1980 - elected House of Assembly, Zanu PF, Mashonaland East Province.
In the Zimbabwe 1985 Parliamentary Election, Mudzi returned to Parliament:
- Abraham Kabasa of Zanu PF - 30 290 votes.
- Justin Chibundu Gutuza of UANC - 1 726 votes.
- Nicholas Mtero Mhlambi of PF-ZAPU - 267 votes.
- Tennyson Tennis Shereni Magura of ZANU - 101 votes.
- ↑ [Diana Mitchell, African Nationalist Leaders in Zimbabwe: Who’s Who 1980], "African Nationalist Leaders in Zimbabwe: Who’s Who 1980, (Cannon Press, Salisbury, 1980), Retrieved: 13 January 2022