|Died||January 7, 2021 (aged 57)|
Sally Mugabe Central Hospital
|Known for||Playing for CAPS United|
Anthony Kambani was a former Zimbabwean footballer who used to play for CAPS United Football Club as a midfielder in the Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League. He was also a Zimbabwe five-a-side player. Antony was an Underwriter at FBC Insurance.
Known by close acquaintances as Bryan Robson, after the former Manchester United player and coach who was his idol, Kambani is best remembered for his stint at CAPS United during which he helped the club win several cup titles.
He played for former ZIFA Northern Region Division One side ProNutro alongside Anyway Chamwalira, Sam Musiya, Big George Nyamulani (late), Leon “Tingo” Linyama. Kambani also played for the now defunct Arcadia United.
He was part of the CAPS United Football Club team that won the Natbrew Cup after beating arch-rivals Dynamos Football Club 2-1 to clinch the trophy at the National Sports Stadium on September 23, 1989.
He was part of the former players that formed the CAPS United Former Players Association (CUFPA). Kambani was a committee member.
- Antony Kambani, People Pill, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: January 7, 2021
- Eddie Chikamhi, OUR OWN BRYAN ROBSON – ANTHONY KAMBANI – IS GONE. . . local football fraternity pays tribute to ex-CAPS United midfielder, The Herald, Published: January 8, 2021, Retrieved: January 8, 2021
- Collin Matiza, Legend releases autobiography, The Herald, Published: February 10, 2016, Retrieved: January 7, 2021
- From the football pitch into the DJ’s box, PaZimbabwe, Published: 2020, Retrieved: January 7, 2021
- Arcadia legend Payne dies, The Chronicle, Published: July 4, 2011, Retrieved: January 7, 2021
- Former CAPS United Players Form Association, CAPS United, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: January 7, 2021