|Known for||Being a member of Zanu-PF|
Bright Matonga is a Zimbabwean politician and a former Deputy Minister of Information and Member of Parliament. Matonga is an author.
He was once married to Elizabeth Anne Matonga and together they had a son Farai Mandishona Matonga.
Matonga wrote his O and A Levels at Ngezi High School and Churchill Boys High respectively. He then enrolled at [Greenwich University] in the United Kingdom where he graduated with a BSc Honours in Media Production & Technology. After graduating from Greenwich, he enrolled for a Masters in Strategic Management at Chinhoyi University of Technology He then went on to enroll at , [University of Aldersgate] for a Doctorate in Strategic Management.
He also holds a Diploma in International Air Transport.
- 2003 -2005 Zupco CEO
Deputy Minister of Information
In April 2021, Bright Matonga, who was 11 years old at independence 1980, was appointed into the Mashonaland West chapter of the Zanu PF Veterans of the Liberation Struggle League (ZVLSL).
He was appointed together with former ZBC chief executive, Happison Muchechetere. Matonga and Muchechetere landed posts as secretary for information and chairperson, respectively. Matonga claimed he was trained at the war front in 1978 during Zimbabwe’s liberation struggle that ushered independence on 18 April 1980.
He was nine years old in 1978.
He said on the announcement of the ceasefire, he led a youthful group of collaborators who volunteered to troop to Manyewe assembly point in his rural home of Mhondoro-Ngezi.
Bright Matonga was jointly charged with the former Zupco chairman Charles Nherera . Matonga was reportedly charged with receiving a 10,000-US-dollar bribe in 2004 from controversial Zimbabwean Asian businessman, Jayesh Shah, who was involved in several deals with the state-run bus company ZUPCO. Matonga was chief executive of ZUPCO at the time the alleged offence was committed. 
In 2016 Matonga was reported to have been blamed for the rundown of Chigwell Estate in Chegutu. It was reported that the farm before Matonga took over would sustain the livelihood of about 500 lives and help Zimbabwe annual revenue with $4 million in exports. However Matonga was reported to have been unapologetic of the situation on the farm.
Farm Mechanisation Scheme
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
Bright Matonga is listed under the thematic group “Politicians”. According to the list, he got goods worth US$359,420.00. 
- Resettled Farmers & Food Security in Zimbabwe:Current Trends & Debates
- Dr Bright MATONGA, LinkedIn, Published: No Date Given, retrieved: October 25, 2016
- James Muonwa, Matonga, Muchechetere Land Posts In New Zanu PF War Vets Wing, NewZimbabwe.com, Published: April 20, 2021, Retrieved: April 24, 2021
- , ZUPCO crumbles; Mugabe presides over yet another historic destruction , Published:31 December 2011 , retrieved: 11 December 2017
- Matonga unapologetic despite farm disaster , , Published:20 November 2016 , Retrieved: 12 December 2017
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020