Budiriro is a high-density suburb or township in the southwestern area of Harare. Budiriro has about 30 000 houses, 2 clinics and 5 elementary schools.
- Gilbert Mutimutema Shoko of MDC with 21 058 votes,
- Gladys Hokoyo of Zanu PF with 4 410 votes,
- Nyorovai Tafaranarwo of UP with 96 votes,
- Aaron Magama, Independent, with 93 votes.
- Costa Machingauta of MDC–T with 13 077 votes or 65.37 percent,
- Andrew Nkani of Zanu PF with 5 799 votes or 28.99 percent,
- Henry Chimbiri of MDC–N with 685 votes or 5.08 percent,
- 2 others with 100 votes or 0.49 percent.
Total 20 005 votes
In 2008, Budiriro had the highest number of cholera outbreaks accounting for 50% of the reported cases in Zimbabwe.Another disease which is common in Budiriro is typhoid which is transmitted through drinking water.
In 2018 Budiriro was also hard hit by another cholera outbreak.
- WHO | Cholera in Zimbabwe, retrieved: 22 Nov 2018
- Zimbabwe Declares Cholera Outbreak After 20 Deaths, VOA, retrieved: 22 Nov 2018