The Chaka-chaya neEcoCash is an annual EcoCash promotion that is run EcoCash Zimbabwe. The promotion is run annually primarily between April and July. Users of the EcoCash payment platform get an opportunity to prizes including vehicles, residential stands, livestock, holiday trips, gadgets and other services like airtime and electricity tokens.
How the Chaka-chaya neEcoCash promotion Works
EcoCash users earn points by spending $5 or more on EcoCash by sending money, cashing out, buying airtime, paying bills, paying merchants or receiving money from the diaspora directly into their EcoCash.
With the points they are automatically are part of draws that are conducted monthly.
Participants can check their points by dialing *151*300#.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Promotion will run for 3 months from 8 April 2018 to 5 July 2018.
- The customer must: TRANSACT: EARN POINTS: WIN IN A DRAW for this promotion.
- A customer will need to have transacted in the following use cases: [Send Money, Cash Out, Airtime Purchase, Bill Payment, Merchant Payment, Received money from the Diaspora into EcoCash]
- Transactions that are eligible to earn points are in multiples of $5. Every $5 transaction earns you 1 point.
- Monthly draws to be conducted under the supervision of Deloitte Auditors and the internal Risk team.
- The draws will be conducted during the first week of the following month. E.g. Draws for the month of April will be held between the 8th and 12th of May 2018 targeting the first Saturday of that month.
- All points earned during the course of the month will be accumulated and added to the following month until the end of the promotion period of 3 months after which they will be zerorized after the final draws.
- Customers can win every month for as long as they have earned their points for that particular month.
- All winners will be notified via messages and direct calls for the grand draw winners.
- Promotion mechanics will be communicated to all customers via press, social media and activations.
- All non-cash prizes will not be redeemable for cash.
- School fees vouchers and grocery vouchers will be paid in the form of EcoCash value.
- All cash prizes will be in the form of e-value (EcoCash value) and as such will be paid into the winner’s EcoCash wallet.
- All live cows and meat prizes will be collected at designated abattoirs to be communicated to winners.
- All goat prizes (dead or alive) will be redeemed at designated abattoirs and or selling points to be advised. Customers in outlying areas will be paid the value of the goat in EcoCash value where the price has been set at$50.
- For cow prizes, a customer has an option to demand it as meat or a live beast. Should the customer choose to demand a live cow, they will incur all the expenses for transportation and licensing with all relevant authorities.
- EcoCash Staff, spouses, advertising agencies are not eligible for the promotion.
- EcoCash’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- EcoCash reserves the right to alter and cancel the promotion at its discretion.
- EcoSure cover is only applicable for one month and the winner needs to be registered on EcoSure. Should they not be registered, they would need to register to benefit from the prize. If they do not register after the engagements by the EcoCash team, their prize will be forfeited.
- EcoCash Rand Wallet transactions are not applicable for this promotion.
- All uncollected prizes 30 days after the announcement of winners in the public papers and EcoCash website (www.ecocash.co.zw) will be forfeited.
- The top 10 transacting customers every month are guaranteed to get devices.
- All customers with 2,500 points and above are guaranteed to get $5,000 worth of EcoSure Personal Accident Cover for one month. (Applicable to the first 35,000 top customers with values of $12,500 and above.
- The minimum value to earn points for money received from the diaspora is $40. So, every $40 received is equivalent to 1 point.
- Booster points can only be earned once a customer has acquired a minimum point balance of 5.