Image Via: Chalenam
Chipanga recorded his 1st album in 1998 with the help of Albert Nyathi helping me but it never had much airplay. Eventually he joined The Black Spirits were he was a member for about nine years before he left with his wife Namatai to start their own band.
Charles studied at Zimbabwe College of Music for a certificate in Ethnomusicology. He is also one of the pioneer members of Umoja Cultural flying Carpet.
Chipanga says he was inspired by a lot of West African musicians such as Salif Keita, Lokua Kanza, and Angelina Kidj on music arrangement and originality. He has said he was also was inspired by Christ himself through David the Psalmist. Chipanga has also said Michael Jackson's stage performance has inspired how he handles shows. Other figures that he says have inspired him on integrity and personality are South African gospel musician Benjamin Dube and Pastor Charles Charamba.
Goodness (September 2015)
Chipanga wrote all the songs on the album. The album has a duet with Charles Charamba called NdezvaMwari. His wife Namatai took the role of supporting vocalist on the album. Chipanga said the motivation behind the album was for people to see the Goodness of God in the midst of the storm.
- Favour and Grace
- Mwari Chete
- Chido Chenyu
- Mira Hako
- Ndezva Mwari
- Haana Denga
Prayer Expose (July 2011)
He collaborated with Sulumani Chimbetu on a song called Talk to Somebody.
- Baba Vangu
- Gore Rangu
- Talk To Somebody featuring Sulumani Chimbetu
- Mwari Baba
- Chipanga and Mubariki wedded in 2010 at an event attended by their then band leader Oliver Mtukudzi and other high profile Zimbabwean musicians like Charles Charamba, Hosiah Chipanga, Edith WeUtonga, Sulumani Chimbetu.
- Charles and Namatai are Deacon and Deaconess at their church
- Celebration Ministries International
- Rabison Shumba
- Joshua Chikanga
- Norman Matuvhunge
- Shadreck Vezha
- Simo Maseko
- Mfundo Mlilo
- Guthrie Zhokinyi
- Intermediated Money Transfer Tax