Dauda holding his award
Dennis Dauda is a Zimbabwean footballer who was formerly with ZPC Kariba during the 2014 season but signed for Harare City Football Club during the 2015 pre season. He made his entrance into the top flight league with the club during the start of the 2014 season. The team had an outstanding season that same year in which they ran neck to neck with Dynamos Football Club only to lose the title on the final of the league when they needed just a draw to clinch the title. Dauda's defensive brilliance throughout the season had played a critical in ZPC Kariba's fairytale run in the premier league.
Dennis was born in 1988 in Kwekwe
Prior to joining ZPC Kariba, Dauda had been playing for DSTV in Division one for an estimated period of the three years. It is said that Dauda had always been an outstanding defender such that he deserved to be playing in the premier league. His move to ZC Kariba was orchestrated by Saul Chaminuka who was reporrted to have been chasing Dauda for three years with the intention of signing him but without any luck. During the maiden season of Dauda and ZPC Kariba in the top flight league, Dauda made some very outstanding perfomances throughout the season playing a decisive role as team captain in the team's fine run during the 2014 season. With Dauda at the heart of defence, ZPC Kariba managed to prevent other teams from scoring and at one point they recorded four clean sheets from seven games. The ZPC kariba centre half has been described as very composed, tough and very good in the air which gives him an advantage over other players. After a failed trial stint in Europe, Dauda dumped ZPC Kariba and went on to join Harare City Football Club.
He joined CAPS United Football Club and played a pivotal role that saw them clinching the Premier Soccer League in 2016. He was consequently named vice captain by coach, Lloyd Chitembwe, deputizing Hardlife Zvirekwi, for the 2017 season. However, Dauda joined Yadah FC on June 29, 2017 barely 48 hours after CAPS United suffered a shock 2-0 premier league defeat to Yadah FC at Morris Depot. A day before the match Dauda had posted on Facebook. In the controversial Facebook post hours before the defeat where he appeared to admire and hinted at impressing Prophet Walter Magaya, who is Prophetic Healing and Deliverance Ministries (PHD) founder and also the owner of Yadah FC.
Soccer Star of the Year for 2014
Speculation Over Dauda's Football CareerThere was much speculation at the end of the 2014 soccer season whether Dauda would pen another contract with ZPC Kariba since his contract was also expiring at the end of the 2014 soccer season. It was rumored that Dauda and fellow teammate Limited Chikafa were being targeted by Dynamos and Highlanders. Commenting on his future, Dauda was quoted as having said
My contract expires at the end of the year, I might move to another club if I get a good offer, I am in talks to renew my contract at the moment
Accolades and Acievements
- 2014 soccer star of the year
Trials in Europe
In early 2015 Dauda was reported to have gone for trials with an Azerbaijan Club known as Cabala. The club was looking for a good central midfielder and they would continue to look at Dauda closely to see if he would make the standard they were looking for. ZPC Kariba however claimed that they were surprised that Dauda had been undergoing trials in Europe as they had not sanctioned the move.
Dauda is the only defender in twelve years since Dazzy Kapenya of Highlanders to be named soccer star of the year
Today's Top Pindula News2019-04-21T18:34:42Z
- Mehluli Sibanda Dauda, Chikafa to leave ZPC Kariba?, The Sunday News, Published: December 14, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Tatenda Makanda WATCHOUT FOR ZPC KARIBA'S DAUDA, Gemazo, Publiished: May 19, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Michael Madyira Dauda ditches ZPC Kariba, The Standard, Published: January 25, 2015, Retrieved: January 27, 2015
- Official: Dennis Dauda joins Yadah FC, Soccer24, published: June 29, 2017, retrieved: June 29, 2017
- Don Makanyanga Dauda is King!, The Zimbabwe Mail, Published: December 13, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Dauda named King of Footbal, Soccer 24, Published: December 13, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Eddie Chikamhi Dauda crowned Soccer Star of the Year, Nehanda Radio, Published: December 13, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Brian Nkiwane ZPC Kariba carves own piece of history, The Standard, Published: December 14, 2014, Retrieved: December 29, 2014
- Dennis Dauda in Azerbaijan for trial, Soccer24, Published: January 12, 2015, Retrieved: January 14, 2015
- ZPC Stunned by Dauda Trials, Supersport, Published: January 13, 2015, Retrieved: January 14, 2015