Desmond C. Krogh
|Picture of Desmond C. Krogh|
Desmond C. Krogh
|Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor|
Desmond Charles Krogh
July 19, 1931
|Spouse(s)||Surine Groenewald (married 1956)|
Desmond Charles Krogh was the last governor of the Reserve Bank of Rhodesia as well as the first governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. He signed the first series of bank notes for Zimbabwe after independence.
Krogh was born on 19 July 1931 in Windhoek, Namibia, then called South West Africa. He was born to P. I. Krogh and B. Theron. He attended Swakopmund High School, the University of Cape Town, the University of Amsterdam and the University of Pretoria.
- Lecturer in Economics, University of Orange Free State 1956,
- Lecturer in Economics, University of Pretoria 1961.
- Assistant Economics Adviser to Prime Minister 1961.
- Professor, of Economics, University of South Africa 1962-1969.
- Expert Witness to Institute Court of Justice on Economics Development of S.W. Africa 1966.
- Adviser to Fiscal and Monetary Policy Commission 1969.
- Executive Director of South African Federated Chamber of Industries 1973.
- Adviser to Government, negotiations with GATT 1971-1972.
- Adviser to Reserve Bank of Rhodesia 1973-1974
- Deputy Governor Reserve Bank of Rhodesia 1974-76,
- Governor Reserve Bank of Rhodesia 1976-1980.
- Governor Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe 1981-1980
- Alternate Governor International Monetary Fund and World Bank 1980-1983.
- President Zimbabwe Institute of Bankers 1981-1982.
- Executive Deputy Chairman Lifegro Assurance Ltd. 1986;
- Director Development Bank of Southern Africa.
- Special Adviser to Ministry of Finance 1986-1989.
- Adviser to Reserve Bank of S.A. 1989.
- , Prabook Website, Retrieved:5 Nov 2016