EMAP - Electronic Ministry Application Platform
The Electronic Ministry Application Platform (EMAP) is a system introduced by the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in December 2016 to bring the application for Form One boarding school places in Zimbabwe online. It was announced on 10 December 2016.
The EMAP platform was opened for applications in early November and runs until early January the following year
The ministry announced that there was a gap between the demand for boarding places and the number of boarding places available in the country. The total number of Form 1 Boarding places available for the year 2018 was 24,246 and the potential number of applicants was 367,629. The ministry gave the following conditions:
- No priority given to any school selected by the applicant (there is no first, second or third choice). This means that there is an equal chance for the applicant being selected at any of the schools they have applied to.
- All applicants below the age of 13 should only use the platform under the guidance of their parent/guardian.
- Enrolment by School Heads to only start when Grade 7 results are published by ZIMSEC
- Successful applicants to be notified through SMS by the respective School Heads
- Purchase of school uniforms can be done elsewhere, but with compliance to the school requirements and standard
Here is how to apply on EMAP:
- Visit the website here www.emap.co.zw and create an account. You create an account using a link at the bottom of the page that says "If you do not have an account please Sign Up Here..."
- Enter the centre and candidate number as well as date of birth using the pupils’ result slip
- On the page that loads agree to the terms and conditions by checking "I Agree With The Terms And Condition."
- Next enter your Centre Number, Candidate Number and Date of Birth.
- On that same page, click "Please confirm if you have been cleared by your former school"
- Fill in the details required in this section, that is your mobile number and password of your choice
- This will provide you with an account
- You can then apply and select the schools that you want
- Continuously you can check if you have been accepted at any of the schools that you selected.
You can access the Emap application here: www.emap.co.zw
Ministry of Education Contacts
- Contact Telephone +263-4-705153, 705281
- Address: Ambassador House, 88 Union Avenue, Cnr Second Street, Harare.
- List of Secondary and High Schools in Zimbabwe and Contact Numbers
- List of Primary Schools in Zimbabwe and Contact Numbers