Image Via Fayaz King LinkedIn Profile
August 7, 1965
|Era||1996 - present|
Fayaz King is a Zimbabwean business executive who has worked extensively across the African continent for various companies.
He is currently Assistant Secretary-General to serve as the Deputy Executive Director, Field Results and Innovation, for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Before joining the Unites Nations in July 2019, King was Chief Operating Officer at Econet Wireless Zimbabwe.
Fayaz attended Mutare Boys High School for his secondary education before proceeding to the University of Zimbabwe to do a bachelors of Business Studies. He would go on to do an MBA with the UZ as well as a Diploma in Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing. He would also do a Leadership program on Strategy and Innovation with the Havard Business School.
- May 1988 - Jan 1990 Management Trainee Lever Zimbabwe (now Unilever Zimbabwe)
- Jan 1990 - Sep 1992 Brand Manager Lever Zimbabwe
- Sep 1992 - Jan 1994 Marketing Manager Lever Zimbabwe
- Jan 1994 - Sep 1996 Business Group Head Lever Zimbabwe
- Sep 1996 - Apr 1998 Group Marketing Director Innscor Africa
- Apr 1998 - Dec 2000 Chief Executive Officer Innscor Africa
- Jan 2001 - Apr 2006 Managing Director Allied Amusements Zimbabwe and Zambia
- Jan 2001 - Apr 2006 Director Oxford Executive Link
- Jan 2001 - Apr 2006 Managing Director Rinvel Trading
- May 2006 - Oct 2006 Marketing Director Celtel Uganda
- Nov 2006 - Jun 2007 General Manager Celtel Nigeria (Lagos Mainland)
- Jul 2007 - Apr 2008 General Manager Celtel Nigeria (North Central)
- Apr 2008 - Aug 2010 Managing Director Zain Malawi
- Aug 2010 - Mar 2013 Managing Director Airtel Zambia
- Mar 2013 - Aug 2013 Advisor Bharti Airtel International
- Aug 2013 - Jul 2015 CEO/MD Experienced International Telecommunications
- Aug 2015–present Chief Operating Officer Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
- Fayaz King LinkedIn Profile, LinkedIn, Published: No Date Given, Retreived: 13 Aug 2015