Girls High School
MottoPer Ardua Ad Astra
GHS logo.jpg

Girls High School, commonly referred to as "GHS", was the first public school for girls founded in 1898 in Salisbury (now Harare). The school is the largest girl's high school in Zimbabwe. The school also has two boarding houses for girls called Beit House and Forsyth House. The school celebrated its centenary in 1998 with pomp and flair.

Girls High School logo

See High Schools Of Zimbabwe.
See List of Secondary and High Schools in Zimbabwe and Contact Numbers.
See Association of Trust Schools.
See Zimbabwe Top 100 O' Level Schools. (November 2018)

Location

(September 2021)
Address: Box CY 220, Causeway
Telephone: +263 242 706619
Cell:
Email: admin@ghs.ac.zw.
Web: http://www.ghs.ac.zw/

To have information added or updated contact hello@pindula.com

History

GHS can take in over 1000 girls across all forms and is thus the largest girl's high school in Zimbabwe. The school also has two boarding houses for girls called Beit House and Forsyth House. The school celebrated its centenary in 1998 with pomp and fair.

Girls High School is the sister school to the boys school Prince Edward High School.

The school motto is "Per Ardua Ad Astra" which means "Through hard work, we will reach the stars".

School Grounds

Grounds, buildings,

Students / Teachers / Courses

Student body, number and ages Staff,

  • courses offered, to what levels.


Events

Founders Day, sports day, extra-curricular activities.

Associations

Famous names associated with the school.

Other information

Further Reading