|Born||Hardlife Daniel Zvirekwi|
May 5, 1987
|Education||Mt Pleasant High School|
|Employer||CAPS United Football Club|
|Notable work||Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League winner with Gunners|
|Spouse(s)||Sarudzai Zvirekwi nee Maromo|
Hardlife Zvirekwi is a Zimbabwean footballer who plays for CAPS United Football Club as a defensive midfielder. Zvirekwi is the captain of the football club. He was reported to have been involved in an accident on the 12th of March 2018 and critically hurt.
He was born on 5 May 1987. He is married to Sarudzai Zvirekwi nee Maromo and the couple has a son called David Zvirekwi. .
He started his career playing junior football for Agatha Sheneti Soccer Academy (ASSA) with the likes of Onismor Bhasera, Elvis Meleka and Ali Sadiki. He then played for Harare United in Division 2 which was under the Academy. He then established himself playing for Gunners Football Club under the tutelage of Moses Chunga. He had one of the most memorable moments of his career with Gunners after they captured the league title in 2009 beating Dynamos Football Club to the title. After a successful stint with Gunners, Zvirekwi went on to join CAPS United Football Club in 2012 together with the likes of Leonard Fiyado. Being a versatile player, Zvirekwi has played in various positions throughout his career ranging from defence to midfield.
Teams Played For
- Gunners Football Club (2009-2011)
- CAPS United Football Club (2012-Current)
Zvirekwi together with his employers at Makepekepe were fined US 4, 250 after it was established that the latter had sprinkled urine on the technical area of a rival team during a premier soccer league match. Zvirekwi was fined US2500 in his individual capacity while CAPS were made to pay 1750 for the behavior of their fans who threw missiles at Buffaloes Football Club, the missiles also included bottles filled with urine.
Macheso Gig Incident
Zvirekwi angered Caps supporters after he was spotted partying at an Alick Macheso gig hours after their teams defeat to city rivals Dynamos Football Club. The player noted that he just wanted to cool off after the defeat but also highlighted that such actions do not always go down well with some quarters.
On the 12th of March 2018, Zvirekwi was reported to have been involved in a car accident which left him severely hurt. As a result, he was amputated from the wrist. The Team manager, Shakespear Chinogwenya indicated that,
It’s really sad. A huge blow for us, but we thank God that he is alive. He failed to negotiate a curve near East 24 when he was coming from a party. He was alone in the vehicle and he suffered a fractured hand. What is most saddening is the fact that yesterday, he was outstanding at training.
Hardlife is also into music. In 2015, he was featured on a gospel track by gospel musician Nicholas Chirunga. He was also said to have started writing songs for his own album.
- Hardlife Zvirekwi, Eurosport, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: June 26, 2015
- Langton Nyakwenda Its not a hard life: Zvirekwi, The Sunday Mail, Published: August 10, 2014, Retrieved: August 5, 2015
- Eddi Chikamhi Zvirekwi rallies CAPS, The Herald, Published: June 26, 2015, Retrieved: June 26, 2015
- Caps, Zvirekwi fined for pee stunt, New Zimbabwe, Published: August 14, 2015, Retrieved: June 26, 2015
- Caps United Captain Zvirekwi Amputated After Horrific Accident, PindulaNews, Published: 13 March 2018 , Retrieved: 13 March 2018
- Tawanda Marwizi Zvirekwi ventures into music, The Herald, Published: June 2, 2015, Retrieved: August 6, 2015