Jeremiah Z Chiwetu contested and won the Zimbabwe By-elections (March 2022) for the Marondera East constituency of the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
2022 March By-election Winners in Zimbabwe.
Jeremiah Chiwetu lives in Harare.
He is married.
School / Education
1997 - 2003: National University of Science and Technology.
No further information could be found.
Service / Career
Chiwetu has been a ZANU PF member since his youth.
2013 to 2016 - Zanu PF Provincial Deputy Secretary for Security.
2018 to 2021 - Zanu PF Provincial Secretary for Legal Affairs.
December 2021 - elected Zanu PF Provincial Secretary for Security.
In the 2013 Elections, (see A History of Zimbabwean Elections) Marondera East returned to Parliament:
- Jeremiah Chiwetu of Zanu PF with 15 626 votes or 86.93 percent,
- Tracy Mutinhiri of MDC–T with 2 113 votes or 11.76 percent,
- Dominic Tembedza of MDC–N with 236 votes or 1.31 percent,
Total 17 975 votes
In the 2022 By-Elections, (see Zimbabwe By-elections (March_2022)) Marondera East returned to Parliament:
- Jeremiah Z Chiwetu of Zanu PF with 9 379 votes,
- Samuel Machekanyanga of CCC with 1 874 votes,
- Moses Mandaza of ZLP,
- Thomas Tasarirenhamo of MDC Alliance with 104 votes.
He was named in a court case, TRACY MUTINHIRI v JEREMIAH CHIWETU, of which the judgement was delivered 25 November 2013. 
After a February 2022 rally, the ZANU PF candidate, Jeremiah Chiwetu was very confident that the Party was going to retain the seat. He said the constituency faced a number of challenges. Despite having 40 schools, and being home to the Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (MUAST), not many constituents were benefitting from the institution due to lack of Advanced Level schools.
Chiwetu was the legislator of the constituency from 2013 to 2018. 
- ↑ ECH 11-13 TRACY MUTINHIRI v JEREMIAH CHIWETU, Veritas, Published: 25 November 2013, Retrieved: 6 April 2022
- ↑ Chiwetu confident of winning Marondera East seat, Harare Post, Published: 24 February 2022, Retrieved: 6 April 2022