Jimayi Muduviri is a Zimbabwean businessman based in Kadoma. Muduviri is also the patron of the Zimbabwe Amalgamated Council of Churches (ZACC) and a member of the Zanu-PF National Consultative Assembly.
Muduvuri was renowned for being a key financier of Grace Mugabe’s programmes and was said to have been instrumental in funding a campaign for the ouster of Zanu women’s league deputy secretary, Eunice Sandi-Moyo and treasurer, Sarah Mahoka.
- Spokesperson- Business Community of Zimbabwe
In response, Muduviri accused his Zanu PF rivals of cooking up the smuggling allegations to tarnish his and the Mugabes’ images. Muduvuri said before State security agents visited him over the issue of the vehicles, Munyaradzi Shoko called and accused him of working against former Zanu PF political commissar, Saviour Kasukuwere.
Shoko denied Muduviri's accusations.
On 28 May 2016, Jimaya Muduviri was almost killed while driving between Mvuma and Masvingo. Muduviri was on his way to address factional politics in Masvingo.
In 2019, Muduviri spearheaded the drive by churches to compel the European Union (EU) and United States to ease down on sanctions on Zanu-PF leaders. In February 2019, Muduvuri met former Vice President Kembo Mohadi and handed over a petition in which different churches endorsed and registered their intention to march against sanctions.
Muduviri founded the Muduvuri Rehabilitation and Empowerment Foundation (MREF), a charity foundation that works and focuses on helping and empowering disabled members of society.
In 2017, Jimayi Muduviri donated a motor vehicle to Danhiko Project. In December 2017, he donated groceries to Danhiko Project. The groceries included boxes of sugar, beans, soap, salt and stationery.
- XOLISANI NCUBE, Grace receives ‘smuggled’ vehicles, NewsDay, Published: June 2, 2017, Retrieved: July 13, 2021
- Thumbs-up for command agric, The Herald, Published: August 22, 2016, Retrieved: July 13, 2021
- Mnangagwa Ally ‘Jimaya Muduvuri’ almost killed in car accident on Mvuma-Masvingo road yesterday, zwnews, Published: May 30, 2016, Retrieved: July 13, 2021
- Churches to stage One -million-men march against sanctions, Zim Morning Post, Published: February 15, 2019, Retrieved: July 13, 2021
- Judith Phiri, Churches pay tribute to front-line workers, Sunday News, Published: January 24, 2021, Retrieved: July 13, 2021
- Muduvuri brings Xmas cheer to Danhiko, The Herald, Published: December 22, 2017, Retrieved: July 13, 2021