December 12, 1997
|Era||Celtic Football Club|
Kundai Benyu is a Zimbabwean, English professional footballer. He played as a midfielder for Celtic Football Club in Scotland. It was announced that Benyu was loaned to Oldham Athletic in England on one year contract (2017-2018).
Aldershot Town (loan)
On 7 December 2016, Kundai joined Aldershot Town on a one-month loan deal. The loan was later extended several times, allowing Benyu to finish the 2016–17 season with the side. Benyu's impressive performances for Aldershot Town attracted the attention of his country of descent and he received a call-up from the Zimbabwe Wariors for their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification Group G qualifier against Liberia.
On June 29, 2017, he signed for Scottish giants Celtic on a four year deal from Ipswich Town. The move came after an impressive loan spell at Aldershot which finished fifth in the National League.
As of 29 June 2017
|Ipswich Town F.C.||2014–15||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Aldershot Town F.C. (loan)||2016–17||22||5||0||0||0||0||1||0||23||5|
Oldham Athletic England
In January 2018 it was announced that Kundai Benyu was loaned to Oldham Athletic Football club on a one-year contract from 2017 to 2018.
Benyu made his full international Zimbabwe debut in a 1–0 defeat to Lesotho in Maseru on 8 November 2017.[
- Kundai Benyu, Youthwalk, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: March 3, 2015
- "Kundai: I was watching Cup final when I heard of Celtic's interest". Celtic. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Kundai Benyu". 20 February 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Shots agree to sign Tractor Boy Kundai". Aldershot Town. 7 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Kundai extends loan". Aldershot Town. 9 January 2017. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "International call up for Kundai". Ipswich Town]]. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Kundai Benyu joins Scottish giants Celtic, Soccer24, published: June 29, 2017, retrieved: June 29, 2017