Lewis Uriri is a Zimbabwean lawyer, Advocate of the Superior Courts of Zimbabwe and sports administrator.
- Doctor of Business Administration, (DBA) University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Master of Business Administration, (MBA) (with commendation) University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Master of Laws (LLM) (with commendation) – Commercial Law and International Financial Law, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Laws Honours, (LL.B (Hons.)), University of Zimbabwe
Uriri was a lecturer in law at a number of colleges (UZ, Oasis Commercial School and Trust Academy) from 2003 to 2007.
From June 2001 to June 2004, he was an associate lawyer at Honey & Blanckenberg Legal Practitioners. He bacame a partner at the law in July 2004 and served until September 2007.
In September 2013 he was designated by the Government of Zimbabwe as one of the four State representatives on the International Committee on the International Settlement of Investments Dispute (ICSID – World Bank) Panel of Arbitrators.
In 2007 he became an Advocate of the Superior Courts of Zimbabwe.
Defending Emmerson Mnangagwa in 2018 Electoral Challenge
Representing Morgan Tsvangirai In July 2013 Electoral Challenge
In 2013, along with Alec Muchadehama and Tarisai Mutangi, he represented Morgan Tsvangirai in an electoral result challenge against Robert Mugabe who had been declared the winner of the July 2013 Harmonised Elections.
Zimbabwe Football Association Asigate Scandal
In 2018, Uriri represented religious leader Emmanuel Makandiwa and his wife in a case against Blessing and Upenyu Mashangwa where the Mashangwas were making six claims in their demand for $6.5 million. The Mashangwas claimed in court papers that they lost their property after they had ignored a $500,000 debt they had with a local financial institution after receiving a prophecy from Makandiwa that said there was going to be a miraculous debt cancellation.
Sports Administration Career
In December 2013 Uriri was appointed to the board of CAPS United by the then owner, Twine Phiri. Uriri was reported to have injected funds into the club. Uriri later left the club and in April 2015 attempted to recover his money from the club, which he referred to then as "insolvent".
Uriri was appointed board chairman the next month (May 2015) by Twine Phiri. Uriri said that they had come to an agreement with club owners Farai Jere and Phiri, and they would withdraw their application for liquidation of the club filed with the High Court.
In November 2016 Uriri was appointed spokesperson of a PSL Emergency Committee. He was the same month accused of convening an unsanctioned meeting of Premier Soccer League clubs the previous month. He was suspended with immediate effect
Advocate of the Superior Courts of Zimbabwe Bus: The Chambers, 11th Floor Old Mutual Centre, Harare P.O. Box HR 659, Harare, Zimbabwe E-mail: email@example.com Telephone+ 263-4-704164, 704038 + 263-772-317 157, E-fax + 1-153-678-8272 / + 1-530-678-8278, Skype: lewis.uriri / Skype No.: +1-206-923-9787
- Tsvangirai’s lawyers get last laugh, Southern Eye, published: 19 Apr 2016, retrieved: 22 Aug 2018
- Makandiwa, wife want accuser jailed, DailyNews Live, retrieved: 22 Aug 2018
- Makepekepe faces collapse | The Chronicle, retrieved: 22 Aug 2018
- ZIFA suspend another football administrator, Soccer24, retrieved: 22 Aug 2018