|Birth name||Mike Madamombe|
|Associated acts||Live performance with Lucky Dube|
Mic Inity is one of he most outstanding Reggae/Zimdancehall Artists in Zimbabwe. With a career spanning close to a decade, he has shared the stage with superstars such as Lucky Dube, Luciano and Jah Dimension. One of his albums titled Just Reggae, My Journey was recorded in Jamaica by Caveman Manning (Sizzla Kalonji's Producer)
Popularly Known as Mic Inity, Mike Madamombe claims that he was introduced to reggae by his father when he was still in primary school. Having been one of the pioneering artists in the reggae genre in the country, Mic Inity is among the most celebrated veterans in the industry. He broke into the limelight when he was part of the popular reggae outfit Transit Crew.
The group has also been associated with other artists such as Cello Culture and the late Culture T. At one point in his career, he relocated to Jamaica where he managed to record several songs before coming back to Zimbabwe. As part of Transit Crew, Mic Inity performed alongside international superstars such as Luciano and Mikey General as well as featuring on stage with the late South African reggae icon Lucky Dube. His album Just Reggae-My Journey was produced by acclaimed producer Caveman Manning who also produces music for Jamaican star, Sizzla Kalonji.
Just Reggae, My Journey
- Touch You There
- Raiders of the Arch
- Goodness Shall Pay featuring Jah Dimension from the Carribean Virgin Islands.
- Thank You Jah
- War and Violence
- It a Go Dread featuring Guspy Warrior,
- Burn Dem
- Reggae Music So Nice
- Cant Stop Me (Feat Stunner)
The musician was reported to have bashed his girlfriend over beer money. Mic Inity is said to have asked for beer money from Chelsea who refused to give him the money which led to the bashing. The chanter was also accused of having cohabiting with a separate woman while his marriage to Christine Gumunyu was still valid. It has also been widely speculated that Mic Inity had a traceable history of violence.
- Silence Charumbira Mic Inity speaks on ‘gangster’ lifestyle, NewsDay, Published: September 21, 2013, Retrieved: June 3, 2015
- Tarisai Machakaire Mic Inity ups the ante, Daily News, Published: July 23, 2013, Retrieved: June 3, 2015
- Yeukai Moyo Mic Inity in Jamaica, The Zimbabwean, Published: May 20, 2013, Retrieved: June 3, 2015
- Nigel Pfunde Mic Inity in big trouble, The Zimbabwe Mail, Published: March 4, 2014, Retrieved: June 3, 2015