|Predecessor||Ministry of Agriculture and Mechanisation|
|Purpose||Agriculture and Settlement|
|Headquarters||2nd Floor, Ngungunyana Building, 1 Borrowdale Road|
|Dr Anxious Masuka|
|Dr John Basera|
Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement is a Ministry under the Government of Zimbabwe.
Provide technical, extension, advisory, regulatory and administrative services to the agricultural sector to achieve food security and economic development.
Promote and sustain a viable agricultural sector through the provision of appropriate agricultural infrastructure, mechanisation, technical, administrative and advisory services in order to optimize agricultural productivity to ensure food security.
- Acquire and transfer land.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and review of BIPPA land policy in conjunction with Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Finance & Economic Development on an annual basis.
- Establish and maintain a functional land information and management system on a routine basis.
- Develop, review and monitor appropriate land tenure systems for rural agricultural land and other and enforce the implementation thereof.
- Allocate land to beneficiaries in a gender sensitive manner on a monthly basis.
- Resolve disputes on farms.
- Relocate and rationalize improperly settled occupiers on state land on a regular basis.
- Disseminate information on legal cases and legal provisions to ensure the Ministry complies with all governing legislation.
The Ministry oversees:
- Veterinary Technical Services
- Department of Research and Specialist Services (DRSS)
- Agricultural Marketing Authority (AMA)
- Agricultural Rural Development Authority (ARDA)
- The Grain Marketing Board (GMB)
- Pig Industry Board (PIB)
- Tobacco Research Board (TRB)
- Cold Storage Company (CSC)