Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises – Developments
Ministry of Women and Youth Affairs is a Ministry in the Zimbabwean government.
Women Affairs Department
- Fund 8 women groups per each district through the Women’s Development Fund;
- Facilitate 200 women in each province to participate in exhibitions;
- Provide 10 women in each district with small grain seed packs.
- Formulate, execute, and review policy on the development and empowerment of youth;
- Formulate, execute, and review policy on the economic empowerment of indigenous citizens;
- Implement economic empowerment and development initiatives for youth and indigenous citizens in liaison with Sector Ministries as well as the Private Sector;
- Promote public awareness on the development and economic empowerment opportunities available to youths and indigenous citizens; and
- Monitor and evaluate compliance with the National Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Act and the Zimbabwe Youth Council Act.
- Engage communities to reduce domestic violence;
- Facilitate equal distribution of resources among women and men;
- Monitor the 50/50 participation of men and women in development programs;
- Assist each ward to start a community garden
- Facilitate the resuscitation of community ward centers
- Train one community in each ward in beekeeping and honey processing