Image Via: Pinterest
June 9, 1976
Miriam Shumba is an award nominated Zimbabwean author who is known for her novel That Which Has Horns. She is based in the United States of America.
For her primary school education Mirriam attended Kundayi Primary School and Blakiston Primary School before proceeding to Peterhouse College for her secondary education. She then attended Rhodes University in South Africa where she got a Bachelor of Primary Education before furthering her education at Walden University where she got a Masters of Education.
Miriam had her first short story published in Drum Magazine in South Africa when she was still a college student. She also wrote for many magazines including Parade, Mahogany Magazine in Zimbabwe and Jive in the USA before writing her first novel. Her first published novel Show Me The Sun was published in 2010 and her second novel, That Which Has Horns was also published in the same year. Miriam was nominated for the Emma Awards as a début author of the year in 2011. In 2015, Miriam published her novel Chasing.
- Show Me The Sun (2010)
- That Which Has Horns (2010)
- Various short stories in publications and magazines from 1994 to 2005
- nominated for Emma Award for new Author
- nominated for Henri Award for Chasing
- Teacher Award for Skillman Grant
- 'My stories are not typical African stories', Daily News, Published: August 17, 2015, Retrieved: August 21, 2015