News:Latest On Douglas Mahiya's Bail Hearing
<vote /> Douglas Mahiya is being charged with undermining the authority or insulting President Robert Mugabe. His bail hearing was postponed to today and the hearing will be at 11:15 am. He is being represented by Evan Mawarire's lawyer Harrison Nkomo. Nelson Mandela's lawyer George Bizos was at the hearing over the weekend.
- 10:38 am- Mahiya arrives, this time he is not in handcuffs. Scores of people have come out in support of the war veteran.
- 12:28 pm- Mahiya was granted $300 bail and advised to report twice to CID but prosecution has opposed bail. Magistrate Chikwekwe will make a ruling at 15:00 pm.
- 13:15 pm- Meanwhile Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association Secretary General Victor Matemadanda was arrested by the police at the bail hearing. (read full story here)
- 14:40 pm- The courtroom already filling up.
- 15:05 pm- Court now in session.
- 15:15 pm- The Magistrate grants the $300 bail. Mahiya a free man. (read story here)
- Aldiglade Bhamu
- Winnet Zharare
- Pomona Dump deal
- Mapanzure High School
- Arnold Mlalazi
- Saki Mafundikwa
- Zimbabwe Foundation for Education with Production (ZIMFEP)
- Thulani Ndebele
- Saiwe Chimbetu