The Office role is to service the President in leading the State and Government and executing his constitutional responsibilities and duties, as articulated in Section 89 and 90 of the Constitution.
- Misheck .J.M. Sibanda - Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet, Head of Civil Service
- Justin Mupamhanga - Deputy Chief Secretary Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
Functions of the OPC include
- Facilitating the appointment of Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Commissioners, Ambassadors, Judges, Permanent Secretaries and State Corporation Boards;
- Coordinating activities of Cabinet, Cabinet Committees and their Working Parties as well as establish and administer Commissions of Inquiry.
- Providing overall policy direction and guidance to all Ministries and Departments, parastatals and state enterprises and non-state actors.
- Coordinate all Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies to ensure role clarity.
- Communicating Governance policies and programs to the public.
- Travel clearance for Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Permanent Secretaries and other Public Servants.
- Modernizing public sector operations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of services.
- Ensuring that all State Ceremonies/Occasions and Functions are conducted with dignity and propriety befitting the Sovereign State of Zimbabwe.
- Managing Presidential programmes
- Ensuring that State facilities and infrastructure are developed and maintained to highest standards.
Entities Under The OPC)
- Civil Service Commission
- Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe
- Research Council of Zimbabwe
- Economic Consultative Forum
- District Development Fund
- Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe
- Peace & Reconciliation Commission
- Provincial Ministries
Phone: +263 24 2707091/7
Physical Address: Munhumutapa Building, Corner Sam Nujoma / Samora Machel